Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day Twenty One

Some days we all feel like doing the pose on the right


I thought I had more gumption.  Taking on a 30 day yoga challenge really didn't seem like all that much of a challenge to me since I love working out.

Tonight all I wanted to do was lay on the sofa with my book.  It seems like I've had a few whiny days like this now that I think about it.

But I hauled myself up off the sofa and went to class tonight.  Dave finished his thirty day challenge yesterday.  I found myself wishing I had done as many double workouts as he did.  Then I could've been the one who finished thirty classes early.  I visualized myself sipping fine Cabernet at a cozy restaurant with an ocean view.

As I stared in the mirror, toes and heels touching, preparing for the first breathing exercise, I told myself that I could do this.

I guess that's all that gumption really is...showing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment