Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day Eight

Rusty doing couples yoga with me.

I'm amazed at the snap-back-ability of the human body.  This morning, Surfer Boy wanted to go surfing - so did I - so it was off to the beach to dip our bodies in 56 degree water.

Tonight, it was 90 minutes in a 105 degree yoga studio.

Is it good - desirable even - to subject your body to such extremes?

I once did a run to the bottom of the Grand Canyon.  When we started out at the top, it was snowing.  When we reached the bottom it felt like summer.  When we made our way back up - all in one day - it was freezing again.

You can pay good money to go to an Asian spa that features hot and cold soaking tubs, hot saunas and ice rooms.  The heat warms and loosens, the cold ocean water brings down the swelling.

I say it's good - yes desirable even - to let your body do what it was created to do.  So does Rusty.

No comments:

Post a Comment