Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day One

Look!  We get a gold star for every class.  Just like in kindergarten


Here are the 26 postures we do in class


Day one started with morning class.  Lots of faces I haven't seen in awhile.  Lots of folks, like me, that are in the studio a lot.  All walks of life come to Bikram Yoga.  The stereotypical you would expect - those with lots of tattoos and some kind of weird green drink in their water bottle.  Others you wouldn't expect - the ones that come to class all the time and by the looks of things are closet eating Hershey's kisses by the handful in the privacy of their BMW.

But one thing they all have in common is a strong spine.  No matter what else you do to your body, Bikram Yoga will give you a strong, straight spine.  So once you turn ninety eight, you may look like a breathing burlap bag, but who cares?  You'll still be able to lean over in the driveway to pick up the morning paper - which just may well be the highlight of the day.

The day ended with my other New Years goal - to spend no less but no more than fifteen minutes per day cleaning closets.  I set the timer and went to work.  After seven minutes I yelled into the next room to Surfer Boy "Is my time up yet?"  It certainly felt like fifteen minutes.  Did I mention that I hate cleaning closets?

Goodnight and see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment