Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day Eleven

Look Ma, no wetsuit!


I kept having dreams last night that I was in a really cold house.  Family members were coming in and out and I was telling them "Turn the heater on. Please!"  When I woke up this morning, I realized that the bedroom temperature in our quaint wooden beach cottage (translate to no insulation) had plummeted to 32 degrees.

How soon we forget about the long standing 90 degree heat wave that we had last year.  Every time we thought summer was over - BAM - we would be back to the beach with our bathing suits instead of wetsuits.

How else do you celebrate a 32 degree morning?  By going surfing of course.

How else do you warm up after an ice bath in the Pacific Ocean?  Christian's 4:30 yoga class in a 105 degree room.

I'm feeling pretty good today.  I was starting to feel worn out a couple days back and wondering how all this working out is affecting me.  I've never done this many yoga classes in a row along with all the other physical activities we like to do.  What I'm finding is that if you just let your body settle in, it finally starts to go along with your mind.  It's all mind over matter.  If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment