Saturday, June 22, 2013

How Much Could My Life Change?




How Much Could My Life Change if I devoted thirty consecutive days to learning something new?  When I was a kid, my best friend Susan and I taught ourselves how to balance - arms outstretched on a guard rail across the street from my house in Miami Springs.  The guard rail was erected in this area to keep drunk people from accidentally driving into the canal.  Susan and I got so good at walking the guard rail that we were eventually able to run, perfectly balanced, laughing.  Life happened to us and unfortunately we grew up.  We had kids and ended up working for a living.  I've been thinking a lot lately - maybe because I keep getting these insistent form letters from the well meaning folks over at the AARP - about my childhood dreams.  One of my dreams has always been anything to do with climbing and balancing.  A fact that my mom was not too happy about when at age seven I climbed the fourth floor ledge at the Quito Hotel in Ecuador.  So, Surfer Boy and I huddled in together at my computer one balmy night and ordered a portable tightrope from a gentleman who constructs trapeze rigging equipment.  I don't know about you, but I've always had fantasies of running away with the circus.  Let's start with my front yard.




No comments:

Post a Comment